Sunday, June 28, 2015

Back on the old horse

After some conversations with friends at work, I realized just how much I missed crafting.  I haven't really done much since my daughter was born in 2009, because, well, those babies tend to take up a lot of time.

So lately I've been scheduling more craft nights with gals from work, trips to the local paint bar, and now, finally, getting my Etsy page back up (https://www.etsy.com/shop/1stExpressions).

My first steps were to reactivate some old listings - photo manipulation, photo conversion to cross-stitch, and a sewing pattern.  Now I'm working on some new listings, and my first one is inspired by tattoos.  Introducing the Sugar Skull Girl pattern:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/238500244/sugar-skull-girl-cross-stitch-pattern

It's a great cross-stitch because it only uses a few colors, the lines are bold enough to handle being very small, but the style is simple enough to be done very large. 

Right now I'm working on making it myself on 11 gauge cloth, so it will come out rather big (about 9"x13").  I usually don't like putting up patterns until I've practiced it, but I was just so happy when I made the pattern that I wanted to share it right away.

So, to all you still out there in blogger land, let me know what you think of this new pattern.  Want to see more like it?

No comments: